Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Beginning

So today starts my first blog about e-Sports and my journey to help promote and make this community my job. To explain where this passion came from we must travel back two years and half years.

 The year is 2010 and I am introduced to a game League of Legends. My friends from high school were playing the game and I wanted to play with them. So I would casually play only when they were online. I still preferred console games at the time. Once I finally hit level 30 I was hooked. I began playing daily in solo-que.

 By the end of 2011 I was not only playing League daily but I was now watching professionals play. This was just after Team Solo Mid had won IPL 4 with their new top laner Dyrus. I begin to watch The Oddone constantly. I now see why I prefer a support jungler role. As I watched The General (Oddone's nickname) destroy in games I began my journey with e-Sports. Not only did I tune in for his streams but any organized competition I could find. 

 Fast forward to August of 2012. I have just hit the road for my time as a consultant for Delta Tau Delta. I found I have a lot of time on my hands alone. League of Legends and e-Sports become even more my passion. During matches of SC2 and LOL I find my self on edge and yelling at my computer like any sports fan would. During the World Championships I was crushed when my team TSM (Baylife) were knocked out. However like any sports fan I stayed true to my team. This tournament was when I knew I wanted to work in e-Sports and help this community grow.

 So here is one step. I will blog to help educate the masses about this growing community and I hope you all enjoy reading my journey to not only attend live events but help to create these events. 



 As I write this blog I am watching one of the coolest new leagues.. Rising Stars Invitational. A great league of teams that are just about to become professional. This is similar to European soccer leagues. that have top leagues and then minor league teams that sometimes pop up to the top league. http://www.twitch.tv/mlglol

No comments:

Post a Comment